Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP )
Earning a globally recognized advanced security administration and operations certification like the SSCP is a great way to grow your career and better secure your organization’s critical assets.
SSCP certification demonstrates you have the advanced technical skills and knowledge to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure using security best practices, policies and procedures established by the cybersecurity experts at (ISC)².
Prove your skills, advance your career, and gain the support of a community of cybersecurity leaders here to help you throughout your career.
The SSCP is ideal for IT administrators, managers, directors and network security professionals responsible for the hands-on operational security of their organization’s critical assets, including those in the following positions:
- Network Security Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Security Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Security Administrator
- Systems/Network Analyst
- Database Administrator
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent
- Broad knowledge of networking concepts, including routing and switching
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux-based operating systems
- Exposure to remote access security (e.g. VPNs)
- Exposure to disaster recovery and backup services
- Understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols
- Familiarity with business continuity and risk management strategies
- Ability to apply the principles of cryptography and implement secure systems
- Understanding of security policy development
- Understanding of authentication and access controls
- Familiarity with malware threats and defense mechanisms
- Understanding of incidents handling and forensics
The domains include:
- Domain 1. Security Operations and Administration
- Domain 2. Access Controls
- Domain 3. Risk Identification, Monitoring,and Analysis
- Domain 4. Incident Response and Recovery
- Domain 5. Cryptography
- Domain 6. Network and Communications Security
- Domain 7. Systems and Application Security
- To increase knowledge and understanding in the areas of system security principles, policies, and procedures.
- To help participants develop the skills required to implement and enforce these principles, policies and procedures in a secure computing environment.
- To teach technical procedures for managing systems and networks in a secure manner.
- To provide hands-on experience identifying security vulnerabilities in systems and networks, and strategies to reduce risks.
- To introduce the latest developments in systems and network security.
- To gain the necessary skills to effectively analyze system security problems and provide solutions.
- To improve communication and coordination of system security processes with other IT and security teams.
- To provide insight into successful systems security management techniques.
Duration: 5 Days