Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
The Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) course is a certification aimed at professionals looking to apply security measures in cloud-based environments. The certification is an industry-recognized credential that demonstrates to employers an individual’s knowledge of the technologies and processes involved in the secure development and deployment of cloud applications. The CCSP certification is part of (ISC)²®, the world’s largest nonprofit membership organization of certified cybersecurity professionals, and is respected worldwide by organizations that employ qualified cloud security professionals.
The CCSP course is designed for developers, systems administrators, security engineers, and other IT/security professionals who are responsible for cloud security operations, secure development, and secure deployment of cloud applications. It covers the six domains of cloud security management:
- Data Security
- Legal & Compliance
- Risk Management
The Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) training is aimed at professionals in the IT, security and compliance field who seeking increase their credentials, knowledge and experience in cloud security
The target audience includes IT professionals such as IT directors, architects, engineers, and system administrators, as well as security administrators, security engineers, security architects, risk and compliance professionals and other technology professionals
The training is also appropriate for professionals in the public sector (healthcare, financial services, government, law enforcement, etc), mid-enterprise, Fortune 500 and global organizations
As the cloud computing industry continues to expand, it is imperative that security professionals have the right credentials and knowledge to help protect their organizations from cyber threats and data breaches
The CCSP training is designed to help professionals stay up-to-date on current cloud security best practices, regulations and compliance standards, and acquire the skills necessary to protect their data and assets
- Strong knowledge of the cloud platform and its supporting infrastructure
- Familiarity with security terminology
- Experience with system and network security
- Experience in Cloud Database technologies such as Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc
- Previous experience in designing, implementing and securing cloud-deployed applications
- Knowledge of cloud-specific security principles, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Service as a Service (SaaS)
- Understanding of AWS security concepts, such as Identity and Access Management (IAM), encryption, network access control and logging.
- Knowledge of network protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and SSL/TLS
- Experience with system and network monitoring and logging tools
- Understanding of data security and privacy principles and regulations, including GDPR and NIST standards
- Good communication skills.
The domains include:
- Domain 1. Architectural Concepts & Design Requirements
- Domain 2. Cloud Data Security
- Domain 3. Cloud Platform & Infrastructure Security
- Domain 4. Cloud Application Security
- Domain 5. Operations
- Domain 6. Legal & Compliance
- Gain an advanced understanding of the application of cloud security principles, techniques and tools to secure cloud-based environments.
- Master strategies to design, configure and deploy security controls in cloud environments, and how to monitor and auditing of cloud-based architecture.
- Learn how to protect organizations against cyber threats and security breaches in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Learn best practices for responding to and resolving incidents related to cloud security
- Master security implications of various migrations and deployment models and strategies to secure the cloud.
- Understand the application of cryptographic concepts and technologies in cloud platforms, as well as the impacts of different types of encryption on the cloud environment.
- Review cloud data protection services and strategies for designing an effective cloud security architecture.
- Understand the risk management process for cloud services and cloud-service providers, and understand the implications of data sovereigntyin in the cloud.
- Learn the importance of identity, access and authentication management, and how to integrate these concepts into the cloud security architecture.
- Gain hands-on experience configuring and deploying common cloud security tools.
Duration: 5 Days